Funded since October 2019 by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), the network “Kulturen ästhetischen Widerstands/Cultures of Aesthetic Resistance” seeks to create an interdisciplinary dialogue to continue and expand existing debates about the forms, effects, and deficits of aesthetic resistance. It draws on a variety of discussions about the role of the aesthetic and forms of political, cultural, and social resistance in current discourses of philosophy, social sciences, cultural, and literary studies. The network wants to determine to what extent the arts and non-artistic cultural, social, and political forms of expression appear aesthetically resistant. In this regard, the continuous, post-humanist revision of Western aesthetic premises will open up crucial questions about the possibilities of aesthetic resistance. Relying on the idea of an aesthetic pluralism, the network develops theoretical and practical alternatives, synergies, and collaborations with which an equally contemporaneous and future-oriented understanding of aesthetic resistance can be formulated. In and through the cooperation of scholars from the humanities and the social sciences, the network explores new ways of dealing with the aesthetic and the powerful forces of resistant practices.
- Dustin Breitenwischer (PI/Antragsteller), American Studies, EXC 2020, Freie Universität Berlin
- Hanna Katharina Göbel, Sociology, Hamburg
- Sophia Gräfe, Media and Cultural Studies, Marburg
- Christian Krüger, Philosophy, Freie Universität Berlin
- Philipp Löffler, American Studies, Heidelberg/Frankfurt am Main
- Marina Martinez Mateo, Philosophy, Frankfurt am Main
- Dietmar Meinel, American Studies, Duisburg-Essen
- Maike Meurer, Ethnology, Mainz
- Jennifer Pavlik, German Literature, Luxemburg
- Sophia Prinz, Theory of Design, UDK Berlin
- Kerstin Schankweiler, Art History, Dresden
- Jasmin Wrobel, Latin American Studies, EXC 2020, Freie Universität Berlin
Recent & Upcoming Events
May 27-29, 2020, Dresden
Second Workshop, “Widerstand/Resistance”
Postponed (more information soon)
Copyright DFG-Netzwerk “Kulturen ästhetischen Widerstands/Cultures of Aesthetic Resistance”.
Alle Rechte vorbehalten.